-Fish oil is derived from the tissues of oily fish. It contains Omega-3 fatty acids, EPA, and DHA.
-It helps regulate cholesterol in the body.
-Omega-3 fatty acids are a family of unsaturated fatty acids.
-It is essential to normal growth and health. It is best known for heart-health benefits.
MADE IN THE US
* Premium and high potency source of Fish oil
* Molecularly Distilled
* Fish Oil (Sardine, Tuna) 1000 mg
* Omega-3 Fatty Acids 700 mg
* Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 500 mg
* Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) 200 mg
* Vitamin E 10 IU.
IMPORTANCE OF CHOLEDUZ ON PREGNANT AND BREASTFEEDING WOMEN
CHOLEDUZ is a premium source of Omega 3 Fish oil and contains Essential Fatty Acids with 50 %DHA, 20%EPA, and Vitamin E. It is a dietary supplement essential for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
During pregnancy, developing babies rely on their mothers to get needed DHA. Since DHA is derived from the foods we eat, the content of DHA in a mother's diet determines the amount of DHA passed on to her developing baby.
Unfortunately, the majority of pregnant women fail to get the recommended amount of DHA in their diets and DHA is not found in most prenatal vitamins.
DHA can only come from food or supplements like CHOLEDUZ. There is no other way to get it. Everyone needs DHA but the most important time to take fish oil is during pregnancy and during the first couple of years of your child’s life.
Current research suggests adequate levels of DHA may help increase a developing baby's cognitive functioning, reduce the risk of pre-term labor, and decrease the risk of postpartum depression.
Consider the following:
A 2003 study published in the journal Paediatrics showed children whose mothers took a DHA supplement during pregnancy scored higher on intelligence tests at four years of age than children of mothers not taking DHA supplements.
A 2004 study published in Child Development found that babies whose mothers had high blood levels of DHA at delivery had advanced attention spans into their second year of life.
During the first six months of life, these infants were two months ahead of babies whose mothers had lower DHA levels.
Other research studies suggest breastfed babies have IQs of 6 to 10 points higher than formula-fed babies. Medical and nutritional experts attribute this difference to the DHA infants receive while nursing.
In a trial of women receiving DHA supplementation during the third trimester, the average length of gestation increased by six days (Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 2003).
Research has found low levels of DHA in mother's milk and in the red blood cells of women with postpartum depression. (Journal of Affective Disorders, 2002).
Some scientists believe increasing levels of maternal DHA may reduce the risk of postpartum depression.
Research findings such as these have led pregnancy and child health experts to spread the word about the importance of DHA during pregnancy.
Dr. William Sears, one of the nation's leading experts on child health and development and long-time advocate of DHA, states "DHA is the most important brain-building nutrient at all ages, especially during pregnancy and the pre-school years when the child's brain is growing the fastest."
In what many consider the modern-day pregnancy bible, What to Expect When You are Expecting, Heidi Murkoff, et.al., devotes a section to the importance of adequate DHA in the pregnancy diet chapter of her book. She explains that "DHA is important during pregnancy, especially during the last three months when your baby's brain grows at a rapid pace and lactation (the DHA content of a baby's brain triples during the first three months of life)."
Another maternity expert, Rebecca Matthias, president of Mothers Work, Inc., the nation's leading maternity retailer touts the benefits of DHA in her latest book, 51 Secrets of Motherhood.
She celebrates "DHA as the new wonder supplement that actually increases your baby's growth."
With CHOLEDUZ today's mothers-to-be and new moms can ensure their babies get the DHA they need to thrive.
DHA is critical for developing babies during pregnancy and lactation the benefits of this fatty acid last forever.
OTHER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
*Greatly reduces bad cholesterol and helps decrease high blood pressure
* Supports healthy eyes and normal development of the brain and nerves
* Improves the brain’s cognitive function
* Enhances membrane capabilities in brain cells and helps prevent psychiatric disorders
* Reduces prostate tumor growth, slowed histopathological progression, and increased survival of cancer patients
* Reduces the risk of breast cancer and helped cancer patients retain muscle mass
* Improves immune function maturation with no apparent reduction in immune activation
* Acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and benefited rheumatoid arthritis sufferers
* Ideal prenatal and nursing supplement for infant brain development and prevention of baby blues
* Omega-3 fatty acids reduced the risk of low birth weight and premature birth for pregnant women.
HEART BENEFITS OF OMEGA-3 EPA / DHA:
* Reduces platelet aggregation (stickiness)
* Improves blood flow and oxygen supply to the heart
* Lowers blood triglyceride levels (up to 20-40%)
* Lowers blood pressure by vasodilation and promotion of sodium excretion